June 25, 2011 § 10 Comments
• every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.
• a photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you.
• do you have to have a reason for loving?
• fame has brought me so much unhappiness.
• i absolutely loathe luxury. it is the one thing i cannot stand.
• i am 30, but there are things about me that are still 15.
• i gave my beauty and my youth to men. i am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.
• i know very few americans, though i like the way they think. they think big.
• i know what sin is.
• it is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.
• only idiots refuse to change their minds.
• i’m a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. one day i turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.
May 24, 2011 § Leave a Comment
May 19, 2011 § 5 Comments
i remember finding this video stashed at my grandparents’ house in san francisco, and thinking how cute it was that they were both fans
of this enchanting cartoon. but i’ve come to realize now, that some cartoons are definitely not just for children. the music in this movie is exquisite as is the animation. you sort of forget that you’re watching a cartoon. and this seems to
be the case with all disney films. princess aurora is another fashion/beauty
inspiration of mine. although her clothes remain less than glamorous, i can
remember always wanting to sport her bib-like peasant dress. now she is a
classic example of not letting her clothes wear her, she wears her clothes.
i also have a major obsession with the magic, used by the fairy god mothers
for the cake making process. and even though i have yet to accomplish baking
one of that caliber myself, i will settle for the petits fours sold in the williams-sonoma catalog. i do believe that this explains my present day obsession with fondant cakes. well, alice in wonderland has also influenced this, but that’s
for another post.
May 16, 2011 § Leave a Comment
May 6, 2011 § 1 Comment
scroll down for answersteff & andie ~ pretty in pink ~ john hughes
April 26, 2011 § 2 Comments
April 14, 2011 § 3 Comments
April 10, 2011 § 2 Comments
directed by alfred hitchcock, one of the best movie directors
of all time. i get so much inspiration from his films. everything from fashion to interior design and color, the list goes on and on. one of my favorite actresses
is tippi hedren, mother to melanie griffith. she has such great style and poise
in the movie, the birds – one of my favorites.
April 8, 2011 § 1 Comment